I visited a blog today theryanstevens.com where I saw the next video… and it prove that everyone can paint… you don’t need your paintbrushes at all.. Just pick up a cup with some paint and you can pour it on… What a beautiful work uploaded by RavelLkeDave, click here below;
My aunt watched the video and told me, that it is exactly how she makes her white and chocolate ring cake… Love chocolate.
Chocolate Marble Ring Cake;
- 175g Self Raising Flour
- 50g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp water
- 175g butter, softened
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 Tbsp golden syrup
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- Few drops of vanilla essence
- 50g butter
- 2 tsp water
- 175g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to fan 160°C, conventional 180°C, gas 4.
- Grease and line the base of a 2 litre ring tin with baking parchment. Alternatively, use a 20cm round cake tin.
- Place chocolate, cocoa and water in a small heatproof basin; melt over a pan of boiling water.
- Beat together flour, butter, sugar, syrup and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Divide the mixture in half, stir vanilla into half and the melted chocolate mixture into the other.
- Place alternate spoonfuls of vanilla and chocolate mixture into the tin, swirl the two together using a metal spoon.
- Bake for one hour and cool.
- To decorate, place the butter, water and chocolate in a small heatproof basin, melt over a pan of boiling water until the chocolate has melted.
- Cool until chocolate begins to hold its shape and then spoon over cake.
Now you can try making both yourself… don’t forget to send me a photo… or a piece of your cake…