I participate in a charity event to raise money for ‘Mind organisation’ and would appreciate if you can find a friend that will help to support them too. I am sure you will, once you see the interesting list of artists… Thanks, Doron (I’ll present my painting after the opening evening as requested by the organisers).
Have you heard about our Mini Mystery Masterpiece initiative?
50 local people, artists and public figures are creating artwork (postcard size) in the style of Mind. They are aiming to use one continuous line based on the “squiggle” (formal name “blue spider”) in Mind’s logo. The interpretations so far are very different and fantastic! The idea is that we sell all 50 mini masterpieces for £15 each in advance of an evening unveiling event on World Mental Health Day (10th October) at Barclays Bank. Who will take home which mini mystery masterpiece?
With 50 amazing Mini Masterpieces available, this event is proving popular and already we have our 50 artists! If you’d like to buy a Mini Masterpiece, you can make your purchase via http://sevenoaksareamind.org.uk/magical/mystery-mini-masterpieces or by emailing me to reserve one and sending in a cheque for £15 made payable to “Sevenoaks Area Mind” please.
Note that you do not need to attend the evening to purchase a ticket (although finding out which mini masterpiece you have won on the night is part of the fun!)
These tickets are proving popular so if you are interested please do act now!
Once purchased we will send you a ticket and on the night of World Mental Health day you can exchange this for a drawn number and match this number to the numbered displayed mini masterpieces to see which one you are to take home.
Please check out our website for more information on the 50 artists participating but note that local artist Melvyn Evans is supporting this fundraising initiative and one of the Mini Masterpieces will be his. His style of work can be viewed at www.melvynevans.com. Other Artists and Celebrities are participating by creating Mini Masterpieces including:
- Prime Minister David Cameron
- Dame Kelly Holmes
- Singer and television presenter Cheryl Baker
- Chief Executive of Ann Summers and Knickerbox Jacqueline Gold
- Leader of Sevenoaks District Council Cllr Peter Fleming
- Injured war artist and Sevenoaks postman Graeme Lothian
- Tunbridge Wells Consultant Psychiatrist Peter Knynenburg
- Guardian cartoonist Stephen Collins
- Internationally acclaimed visual artist and curator Stuart Semple
- Author and illustrator of children’s books Cherry Whytock
- Kent & Essex Police Inspector Simon Wilshaw
- Artist and Chairman of Sevenoaks Art Club Mr Doron Lichtman
Community Development Manager